Terms & Conditions
The Prague Summer Schools are organized by SCHOLA EMPIRICA.
These terms and conditions govern the mutual relations between the Prague Summer Schools participants and the host organization Schola Empirica NGO (address: Blanická 922/25, 120 00, Prague, Czech Republic). Organization is registered with the Czech Ministry of Interior.
Any term used in these terms and conditions will have the same meaning as set out below:
|“we” “us” “our” “” or “the organization” means Prague Summer Schools
|“you” or “your” are references to the applicant/program participant
|“Course” means a course of the Prague Summer Schools
|“Student” means the Prague Summer School participant
No student will be invited if the program fee has not been paid. Please contact us if you encounter any issue related to your program fee payment.
- Select your course and apply through the online application form
When submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Applications received by the Earlybird application deadline of February 10th will receive preference in admission decisions. The Final Application deadline is May 1st. Late applications may be considered. However, late applicants run the risk of finding the program full.
- Receive an acceptance email. Typical response time is 10-14 working days. Please note that the organization is closed for all Czech state Holidays as well as over Christmas and Easter. Responses may take longer at those times. All students will be informed about the admission decision by May 31st
- If accepted, pay your program fee within 14 days of your acceptance being received . The individual program fee deadline will be stated in your Official Acceptance Letter.
- If full payment of program fee has not been received by Prague Summer Schools upon the deadline stated in your Official Acceptance Letter, we may withdraw your application and offer your space to the student on the waiting list.
- After you pay your program fee, an email from Prague Summer Schools will be sent confirming the receipt of your payment in full (if you paid by bank transfer). Your place is now confirmed.
The programs are most suitable for university students, but we also accept high school students with a strong interest and graduated students. The Prague Summer Schools admit both undergraduate and graduate-level students. Priority will be given to students with at least some academic background related to the topics of Prague Summer Schools. Nevertheless, students of other academic backgrounds, but with a strong demonstrated interest in the Prague Summer Schools topic, will be considered on an equal basis.
Students will be selected according to the following three criteria:
- Educational Background (Year, Grade Point Average and Area of Study)
- Statement of Purpose
- Level of English (if applicable)
Approximately 30 students will be admitted to every course of the Prague Summer Schools. We intend to restrict the class size to ensure interactive courses and discussions. We aim to create a truly international student body.
The program fee for EarlyBird applications by February 10h: 840 EUR
The program fee for students who submit their applications after February 10h: 890 EUR
Price for students that do not need accommodation (live in the Czech Republic or have a place to stay in Prague): 500 EUR
The final deadline for receiving payments is May 20h.
The program fee covers
- Tuition and reading materials
- Accommodation in twin rooms for one week
- The half-board which includes breakfasts and lunches
- Prague public transportation tickets
- Site visits, social program, and special events (e.g. Boat Tour on the Moldau River, Tours of Prague, Happy Hour, Free day trip, and a Farewell dinner)
The Payment Plan
We consider each case individually. In case you wish to split the payment of your program fee , you can request the payment plan via email.
It is possible to have two or three installments. The sample of payment plan could look like this:
“The program fee of 890 EUR can be splitted into three installments of 297 EUR, 297 EUR and 297 EUR. The first installment of 297 EUR should be paid via wire transfer no later than April 24. The second installment of 297 EUR should be paid via wire transfer no later than May 15. In order to finalize your participation the remaining installment of 297 EUR should be paid via wire transfer no later then June 5.”
Please note that it may take up to seven days for international wire transfers to arrive. We are not able to accept checks, money orders, and credit card payments. We apologize for any inconvenience it might cause you. In case you need to discuss any matters regarding the payment of program fee, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Cancellations received on or before May 25 of the year of the Prague Summer Schools, 100% of the program fee paid will be refunded.(excluding international wire transfer fees)
- Cancellations received between May 25 – June 15 of the year of the Prague Summer Schools, 50% of the program fee paid will be refunded.
- For cancellations received after June 15 of the year of the Prague Summer Schools course, no refund will be made.
Cancellation of Participation in the Event by the Student
There is an option to postpone your participation to the following year. In such an instance, no additional fees would be incurred.
Cancellation of Participation in the Event by the Organizer
We do endeavor to ensure that the course that you booked is delivered as advertised. However, under certain circumstances, we may have to cancel a course.
In case of exceeding the capacity of the event or insufficient number of students, we will offer you an alternative course or cancellation of your participation.
We reserve the right to change the lecturer, venue, content and form of the event (change from face-to-face to online/hybrid) or to cancel the event. We will inform you of any changes in writing, by phone or email.
If the event is canceled by Schola Empirica (illness of the lecturer or other serious reasons):
- the student can postpone his/her participation to the next Prague Summer Schools edition, determined by Schola Empirica,
- or the program fee will be refunded in full by bank transfer to the account from which it was paid.
We will notify you about cancellations or postponements as soon as possible and two weeks before the course begins at the latest.
There may be situations in which it is desirable or necessary for Prague Summer Schools to make changes in course provision, either before or after your enrolment. We will make every effort to provide the course that you signed up for, but in the event that we have to make changes to the course content, venue of the course, course tutor or faculty then we will let you know as soon as possible.
If you are significantly and adversely affected by these changes and do not want to continue with the course as a result of these changes then you will have the right to cancel your
enrollment and we will provide a full refund of the program fee.
Unfortunately, as a non-profit organization, SCHOLA EMPIRICA is not able to provide students with financial aid. Nonetheless, we do encourage students to explore funding opportunities available through their home universities, foundations and governmental sources. A good place to start the search is www.scholarshipportal.com.
Accepted students may ask the organizers for documents they need to support their scholarship application(s).
- You are responsible for providing truthful information as part of your application.
- You are responsible for arranging health insurance and insurance in respect of personal property. We also recommend that you arrange travel insurance.
- You are responsible for obtaining the required visa that enables your participation in the course and the rejection of a visa application by the Czech authorities does not affect the application of these terms and conditions.
- It is a condition of your agreement with us that you agree to comply with our applicable rules, policies and regulations.
- You are expected to participate fully in the program by attending all classes, guest lectures, and social networking events.
- Students are responsible for their travel to Prague, dinners, and personal expenses.
- When we provide accommodation to you, you agree to abide by and comply with the rules and regulations of that residence. In particular, you must observe the regulations governing safety and security and do nothing to compromise your own or other residents’ safety and security. You will be responsible for covering your accommodation prior or beyond the program dates.
These conditions are valid from 13.12.2023